PAWS for SJACS works closely with San Jose Animal Care and Services and local rescues to help provide adoptable, homeless animals with non-routine medical care; additional aid is provided through specially funded PAWS for SJACS programs, such as spay/neuter, animal assistance projects, and community outreach. With your help, we can make a difference.
Please Donate To The Homeless Cat Committee
Join PAWS Homeless Cat Committee!
By joining HCC, you’ll have access to the email forum, be eligble to waive the city restrictons on the number of pets spay/neutered per household, discounts on microchips, purchase discounted spay/neuter vouchers and more.
To Become An HCC Member
- Please download, fill out these documents and email back to us-email is on the form.
- HCC Volunteer Application [pdf] [word doc]
- HCC Feral Rescue Registration [pdf] [word doc]
Questions? Call us at 877-paws4sj (877-729-7475) or email us.
HCC Volunteers Needed!
Please call 877-paws4sj (877-729-7475) or email us to volunteer.
- Volunteer mornings at SJACS Spay/Neuter clinic check-in, once to twice a week
- Train public to do TNR, and proper management of colonies
- Help SJACS ASOs with overcrowded cat situations, getting cats caught and fixed and homes if possible
- Funded Mommy Spay program to help get female adult cats fixed for public owned cats – 2008 we did 80 ; 2009 we’ve done 120 to date!
- Facilitate kitties to rescues that are on PTS list.
Past projects include:
- Mommy Spay: Spay/neuter of public cats, in targeted areas, in ’07 (Pennysaver ads)
- Spay/Neuter day at SJACS